Padanaram Rendezvous July 31 - August 2, 2015
Summer is in Full swing, and plans for another great Rendezvous are under way. We are back to the "usual" last weekend in July, with boats arriving on July 31st for a casual BYO cookout followed by fun and casual racing on Saturday August 1st. We will continue to split the Sanderling and the Marshall 22 classes so that the playing field is a bit more even for all who enjoy the racing part. It seemed to work well in 2014. Hopefully the weather will be a bit more cooperative than last year and the small cats will have their fun North of the bridge again. Here are 2013 and 2014 results so that you can plan your strategy… The schedule of events and registration form can be found here. We are looking forward to a great weekend with a fun day out on the water, and even more amusement Shoreside!
Sandpiper Class Association
Now a recognized US Sailing One Design Class, the Sandpiper is competitively raced in rapidly growing fleets from Massachusetts to Florida. Founded in December 2012, the Sandpiper Class Association’s mission is to promote the Sandpiper class, develop Sandpiper racing, encourage and foster the sport of sailing and do anything else it can to support Sandpiper sailors and enthusiasts.
Sandpiper National Championship
The 2014 Sandpiper National Championship will take place in New Jersey on Barnegat Bay and will be co-hosted by the Bay Head, Mantoloking, Metedeconk River and Normandy Beach Yacht Clubs. Racing will take place on July 24, 25 and 26. Regatta headquarters will be the Mantoloking Yacht Club, Mantoloking, NJ. Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions are posted and Registration is now open and available online via Regatta Network. Click here to begin your registration.
To inquire about becoming a member of the Sandpiper Class Association, or starting a new fleet, please contact Charlie Adams at Marshall Marine (Phone: 508-994-0414, email: Charlie@marshallcat.com).
Fleet captains for 2014 race season are as follows:
- Fleet #1 - Padanaram, MA (PA): Geoff Marshall (email@example.com)
- Fleet #2 – Bay Head, NJ (BH): Jim Cadranell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fleet #3 - Duxbury, MA (D): Peter Clapp (email@example.com)
- Fleet #4 – Barnegat Light, NJ (BL): Peter Menninger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fleet #5 - Saunderstown, RI (S): TBD
- Fleet #6 - Useppa Island, FL (U): Bill Welch (email@example.com)
- Fleet #7 - Popanneset, MA (P): TBD
- Fleet #8 - Nantucket, MA (N): Garth Grimmer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fleet #9 – Normandy Beach, NJ (NB): Peter Schwartz (email@example.com)
- Fleet #10 – Metedeconk, NJ (MC): Mimi Dimon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fleet #11 – Mantoloking, NJ (MA): Carl Beck (email@example.com)