Sandpiper Class Association
Now a recognized US Sailing One Design Class, the Sandpiper is competitively raced in rapidly growing fleets from Massachusetts to Florida. Founded in December 2012, the Sandpiper Class Association’s mission is to promote the Sandpiper class, develop Sandpiper racing, encourage and foster the sport of sailing and do anything else it can to support Sandpiper sailors and enthusiasts.
Sandpiper National Championship
The 2014 Sandpiper National Championship will take place in New Jersey on Barnegat Bay and will be co-hosted by the Bay Head, Mantoloking, Metedeconk River and Normandy Beach Yacht Clubs. Racing will take place on July 24, 25 and 26. More information on the event itself will be posted here on this site and the Sandpiper Class Association website (www.sandpiperclass.org) when available.
To inquire about becoming a member of the Sandpiper Class Association, or starting a new fleet, please contact Charlie Adams at Marshall Marine (Phone: 508-994-0414, email: Charlie@marshallcat.com).
Fleet captains for 2014 race season are as follows:
- Fleet #1 - Padanaram, MA (PA): Geoff Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fleet #2 – Bay Head, NJ (BH): Jim Cadranell (email@example.com)
- Fleet #3 - Duxbury, MA (D): Peter Clapp (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fleet #4 – Barnegat Light, NJ (BL): Peter Menninger (email@example.com)
- Fleet #5 - Saunderstown, RI (S): TBD
- Fleet #6 - Useppa Island, FL (U): Bill Welch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fleet #7 - Popanneset, MA (P): TBD
- Fleet #8 - Nantucket, MA (N): Garth Grimmer (email@example.com)
- Fleet #9 – Normandy Beach, NJ (NB): Peter Schwartz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fleet #10 – Metedeconk, NJ (MC): Mimi Dimon (email@example.com)
- Fleet #11 – Mantoloking, NJ (MA): Carl Beck (firstname.lastname@example.org)