We are pleased to announce that Marshall Marine has acquired the molds and building rights to the Sakonnet 23, formerly built by Edey & Duff out of Mattapoisett. This is a classic Joel White designed daysailer, with a shoal draft similar to our catboats. Her unique double ended design and graceful shear will surely be the envy of any harbor. She sails effortlessly in virtually any breeze, barely leaving a wake. There are approximately 85 Sakonnets spread out across the United States, being enjoyed for family daysailing, singlehanding and racing.
LOA: 23’ 2” LWL: 18’ 8” Beam: 6’ 1” Draft: 1’ 10” & 5’ 2”
Sail Area: 193 sq. ft. Displacement: 2,000 lbs.
- Molded Cockpit Liner with Storage Lockers and Drains
- Full Flotation
- 920 lb. Lead Keel
- Ballasted Pivoting Centerboard
- Fiberglass Rudder with Stainless Steel Post
- Varnished Ash Tiller
- Flush-Mounted Manual Bilge Pump
- Teak Trim
- Bronze Bow and Stern Hardware Castings
- Half-Oval Brass Rail Guards at Bow Chocks
- Tapered Anodized Aluminum Mast and Boom with Vang
- Stainless Steel Wire for Standard Rigging
- Harken Deck and Rigging Hardware
- Mainsail with Single Reef
- 100% Hank-on JIb
Hull, with integral centerboard trunk, deck and cockpit liner are one piece molded fiberglass. Hull and deck are reinforced with closed cell foam. White hull and cockpit, with deck color choices of sand, bone, white or gray. Bottom painted with two coats anti-fouling paint.
F.O.B. South Dartmouth, MA
Sakonnet 23 $46,500